The use and accessibility of CBD Edibles has grown exponentially in the US and around the world within the past decade. CBD beneficial affects are related to how they interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system, or ECS. The Endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating different processes in our body like appetite, pain, immune functions, mood, sleep, hormones and more.
CBD essentially helps restore our bodies homeostatic balance, which explains why consumers are engrossed with feelings of well-being, reduced stress, and an overall sense of calm after taking the supplement.
The Different Variations of CBD
There are three dominant variations of cannabidiol on market today; Full Spectrum CBD, Broad Spectrum CBD and CBD Isolate. Full Spectrum CBD contains all the phytochemicals that occur naturally in the cannabis plant, such as various other cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils. It also contains some trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the psychoactive compound in marijuana that produces the “high” effect. Broad Spectrum products contain additional cannabinoids, but no THC. CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD. Due to a lack of regulation, companies and consumers sometimes confuse these terms — particularly broad-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate — and use them incorrectly (Buyers Beware!). Interested in buying CBD Edible Products? Shop with ON CBD today!
Pros and Cons of CBD Edibles
- Edibles are a quick, convenient, and super easy to use method for taking CBD
- Most edibles are predosed to a specific concentration and CBD edibles can provide a wonderful tasting alternative to CBD oils
- The effects of CBD edibles can potentially be longer lasting than other types of CBD products
- The effects of CBD edibles can take longer to kick in than other types of delivery methods
- A percentage of the CBD concentration present in the edible will be lost due to our bodies natural digestive process
- CBD edibles, like CBD gummies, can be made at home using simple, easy to use ingredients and can contain a ton of sugar.
To learn more about the benefits of CBD Edibles, check out this CBD Benefit Guide for more quality CBD information!